As our charism mandates, the School Sisters of St. Francis continue to adapt to the needs of the times in our mission to serve the poor and otherwise needy – whether it be in education, health care, religious education, social work or community service.
You make it happen every day, empowering us to serve God as instruments of his peace. We are blessed by our generous donors and friends who help to make our important ministries possible.
Here are just a few activities we will be able to continue with your support:
- St. Francis Center for Renewal in Bethlehem, Pa., hosts a wide variety of innovative retreats and workshops.
- Marian Hall Home in Pittsburgh, Pa., provides dignified care for the aged in an environment built on Catholic values.
- Mount Assisi Academy Preschool Pittsburgh, Pa., continues to provide its young students with a strong Christian foundation to help them thrive in elementary school and beyond.
- Our Franciscan Resource Center in San Angelo, Texas, provides education and guidance in the spirit of St. Francis, and houses an office to assist immigrants pursuing citizenship.
- Our Sisters at St. John Mission provide care and education to children who would otherwise be homeless and abandoned victims of AIDS.
- Our Sisters in Bethlehem, Pa., have pioneered a farming project to provide healthy, low-cost food options for the community.
- Our Sisters work toward alleviating poverty, environmental issues and the human trafficking epidemic in our country.
- Several Sisters continue our 101-year tradition of education, exceling as teachers and principals to children of all ages.
- Our vocation team is active in the community, nurturing an interest in religious life among youth and single Catholic women.
- Our Sisters serve church communities, ministering in religious education, working with troubled teens, visiting the sick and overseeing burial and comital services.
- Our retired and infirmed Sisters remain actively involved in prayer ministry, accepting prayer requests from around the country for friends like you.
- Our Provincial Administration continues to strategize to address the changing needs of the times, including the very real retirement needs of our aging Sisters and the future of our community.
Our Sisters in Action
- We work in schools and preschools as principals, teachers, administrative assistants and office aides.
- We work in social services, helping the elderly, children, families and the impoverished.
- We serve in parishes and churches as directors of religious education, pastoral administrators, and diocesan liaisons.
- We minister in health care and elder care as administrators, nurses, patient aides and activities directors.
- We minister in such varied environments as campus ministry, housing management, vocations, and missionary work.
- We administrate and lead retreats and innnovative programs at St. Francis Center for Renewal.
- We serve full-time in internal ministry as leaders, office workers, building managers, historians, archivists and more to keep our congregation running on a daily basis.
- Even when retired or infirmed, we remain active in prayer ministry and general community service.
We thank you for being part of our mission. We hope you will be able help us continue making a difference. God bless you and all your loved ones.